Hillside Kindergarten’s latest newsletter is now available to read.
Click HERE for the Full Hillside Calendar and instructions to subscribe.
|16 – 25 September||Induction period (as per EDB 1/6 of student population permitted only)|
|17 September||Admissions Webinar for Prospective Parents – Renaissance College (Primary)|
|22 September||Deadline for ESF Relief Grant|
|29 September||K2 Classes Resume to Normal 3-hours|
|30 September||Deadline for K1, Y1 ESF Central Applications|
|5 October||K1 Classes Resume to Normal 3-hours|
|19-23 October||Term Break|
Head of School’s Message
We are getting very close to that wonderful time when all the children will be back in school! As we plan for the return to school, our priority is to maximise safety, wellbeing, and providing a fun and enriching learning experience for the children, whilst ensuring that we are compliant with EDB/CHP guidelines.
In preparation for the return to school, Stripey and I had a chat about some of the health and safety rules at Hillside. We will be watching this during assembly this week, but would appreciate it if parents can revisit it with your child ahead of their return. K1s, you might want to start at 1:55 since you haven’t seen the prequel of this story.
Here are some warm reminders in preparation for your child’s return to school.
- Complete the health declaration via ESF App by TODAY.
- Complete daily temperature checks via the ESF App. There will be another temperature check upon arrival. Any child with a temperature of 37.5℃ or above must be kept home or sent home and we recommend you seek medical advice.
- Do not arrive too early to avoid overcrowding at the school entrance. Please refer to your child’s timetable for specific times.
- Surgical face masks are required at all times on school premises. Please prepare spare masks as children might easily misplace them.
- For new/ K1 families: to avoid overcrowding, we request only one (1) ‘familiar adult’ to stay with each child during the orientation sessions.
- Please ensure there is someone to drop-off and collect your child at the end of the orientation session. Full bus service will commence on 16 Sept for K2s and 5 Oct for K1s.
Good to know:
- Health & Safety 1, 2, 3s: 1) Face masks on at all times; 2) Handwashing between class transitions; 3) Avoid overcrowding at learning stations.
- Please ensure your child has a proper breakfast or lunch before coming to school to minimise the need for a snack. Hence, snack time will be optional, mainly for those children who travel long distances to and from kindergarten. This will take place in one designated area, with dividers set up, on each floor, under the supervision and assistance of school staff.
- Similarly, water breaks throughout will be under the supervision and assistance of school staff.
- Please ensure to inform us as soon as possible of any absences. This can be done via the ESF app.
- Parents are urged to report to us immediately if your child is found to be under either following conditions to facilitate the implementation of contingency measures: (i) Being a confirmed case of COVID-19; (ii) Being classified as a “close contact” of an infected person with COVID-19; (iii) If living together with someone who is under compulsory home quarantine.
- If verified, CHP will advise the school with a confirmed case to suspend on-campus teaching and activities for 14 days.
- If you drive your children to school, please be reminded not to park in front of the Hillside or Bradbury exit gates. Please keep in mind of parking etiquette and that we are in a school zone. Be swift and no unnecessary honking. Parking is always going to be problematic given our location and limitations on Stubbs Road, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation with this request.
ESF App Transition
- Record daily temperature checks at home (Under the ‘Hillside Hub’ button);
- Health declarations (Under the ‘Hillside Hub’ button, please complete by 14 September, 5pm);
- Permissions and opt-in notices such as the ESF Relief Grant (deadline 22 September);
- Report absences;
- Contact the bus company;
- Communicate messages in the quickest possible time frame to class groups, year groups and the whole school;
- Link you to your child’s portfolio;
- Link you to the school website for any additional information you need.
We will progressively add links to enhance the use of the app. However, the best way to communicate 1:1 with your child’s teacher remains a normal email. For any urgent messages, the best way is to call us on 2540 0066.
We are so excited to be welcoming the children in school very soon! If you have any questions or concerns or would like to discuss any aspect of the plan for your child’s return to Hillside, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
Thank you and kind regards
Head of School
In accordance with our Personal Data Handling Policy, ESF Hillside and English Schools Foundation may place your child’s photos, name, school work, activities and accomplishments in our newsletters or other publications (including but not limited to our websites and social media sites). If you would like to opt-out, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.