Hillside Kindergarten’s latest newsletter is available to read now. Find out the latest news from around the school and upcoming events.
Click HERE for the Full Hillside Calendar and instructions to subscribe.
|6-7 March||School Photo Days (Please see schedule below)|
|15 March||Professional Development Day (School Closed)|
|18 March||Parent Workshop: Bringing Active Learning Home|
|8 April||Hillside Book Week|
|11 April||Last Day of Term|
Kung Hei Fat Choi! Happy Year of the pig!
We had an exciting start back to school with the K1 Creative Art Jam, K2 Sharing the Planet Skit and a wonderful lion dance performance. Thank you to all the parents who volunteered and contributed to help us make these special events happen for the children. Please visit your child’s Class Blogs for more photos.
Latest Unit Reports and Portfolios
The latest Unit of Inquiry reports (for both K1 and K2) are available for parents to access on Gateway. To access your child’s report:
- Please log into Gateway https://hs.tg.esf.edu.hk to access your child’s report. If you forgot your login details please use the “forgot password or login name” function. Gateway will send you an email for resetting password shortly.
- Once you’ve logged in, select ‘ARR Report‘ on the main screen. (Please see Screenshot below)
- Select the relevant report template. This will create a PDF file that you can save as a soft copy or print out if you wish. If you have more than one child, select the appropriate child in the top left corner.
Please follow the steps below to access your child’s e-portfolio:
- Once you’ve logged into Gateway, select ‘VLE‘ on the main screen. (Please see Screenshot 1 above)
- Click on your child’s portfolio, under ‘Portfolio’ on the top menu bar.
- On the right-hand side under the heading: “Hillside Kindergarten Portfolio 20XX-20XX”. You should see a ‘document symbol’ (Please see Screenshot below)
- Click on the document symbol and your child’s portfolio should download automatically to your computer, and then you can save it as a PDF.
- Don’t forget to also click on ‘Children’ on the top menu bar to visit your child’s class blogs. This is not downloadable.
- For any individual PDF files, you should find a ‘download’ button on the button left to download and save to your computer. (Please see Screenshot 2 below)
Please contact the office at email@example.com if you have any difficulties accessing these platforms.
School Photo Days
We have scheduled Peter Inglis, a professional photographer, to come on the 6 and 7 March 2019. We have worked with Peter in the past and he has been wonderful with the children. Peter has a selection of puppets and tricks along with lots of patience to make the children smile. The children are now developing their confidence and characters; I’m sure there will be lots of fun sessions throughout the day. Peter will be taking photographs of individual children, siblings and class groups.
Please note that we will not force children to be photographed against their wishes. Siblings will also get an opportunity to be photographed together. A whole school photograph will also be taken.
When available, you will be able to view the proofs online. More details will follow. There is no obligation to purchase.
School Photo Schedule
|Wednesday 6 March||Thursday 7 March|
Upcoming Parent Workshop at Hillside
We cordially invite parents to join our next Bringing Active Learning Home (Art Focus) workshop on Monday, 18 March from 3:45-4:45pm. Please feel free to pop in if you are available. You are not required to make an appointment.
Please note: This session is intended to serve as an informal opportunity for parents to gain some insight into our programme and see the children’s work around the classrooms. It is not intended to be a time to discuss your child’s progress formally.
Bringing Active Learning Home (Arts Focus)
Workshop date: Monday 18 March 2019 TIME: 3:45-4:45 pm
Are the children just playing? Or are they actively learning? This workshop aims to demonstrate what active learning looks like at Hillside, and we hope parents will take away ideas on how to support and extend learning at home.
Our K1 and K2 teachers will each share different Creative Arts learning experiences with parents and explain the learning intention behind each one (with the aim of enabling parents to reinforce and extend their child’s learning at home). We hope that this parent workshop will provide parents in attendance with a bank of ideas and activities to do with their child at home.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Please click on the links below to visit our class blogs on the Hillside Learning Hub for your child’s latest class news and photo gallery. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot access the Learning Hub.
Data Privacy The information we collect from you is in accordance with the ESF Personal Data Handling Policy and its related Personal Information Collection Statements (“PICS”). Our PICS statement is available online. http://www.esf.edu.hk/privacy